Committed to expanding their business beyond their 36 branches nationwide; Woodie’s recognised the importance of eCommerce for achieving this desired growth.
As a market leader in DIY B2C, Woodie’s offers over 30,000 products across an extensive range of materials, equipment, etc. As such we needed to help Woodie’s deliver content driven, multi-channel, responsive eCommerce experience
Our Solution & Results
Following an agile methodology, Monsoon’s cross-functional team of ecommerce experts, worked collaboratively with Woodie’s internal ecommerce, digital, IT and marketing teams. This collaboration produced a redesigned, and redeveloped eCommerce platform which delivered a truly content driven eCommerce experience for the Woodie’s consumer.
Woodies.ie launched on Magento Enterprise in October 2016. The new, responsive website has transformed Woodie’s digital presence, allowing them to provide their extensive customer base with an engaging, omnichannel retail experience.
- Magento product attributes with custom options for colour swatches and hex colours to enhance the user experience and increase conversion
- Product images and video guides
- One-page, one-step responsive checkout to increase conversion rates
- Payment gateway integration with deferred payments through Sagepay
- Click and Collect to allow free in-store pickup, displaying all store locations on Google maps, with information on real distance from customer billing address to store
- MS Dynamics NAV integration as the Single Source of Truth for the full catalogue (products, categories, attributes), orders and order fulfilment, customers, promotions, and stock data
- Video-driven sales enabling customers to purchase multiple products after watching a video, directly from the video page
- Stock availability checker allowing Woodie's store staff to check stock in all brick-and-mortar stores
- Improved Store Locator, making it easy for customers to find their local Woodie’s store
Woodie’s understands that DIY buyers are often on the lookout for guidance on their projects, and seeing this need we created new sections for the site; the Tips & Advice section, an Inspiration section, as well as a Fitted Kitchen section.
The Tips & Advice section houses excellent tutorials and videos to help customers with home improvement and DIY projects, while the Inspiration section curates the best tips, advice and ideas to inspire.
Considering the highly personalised nature of fitted furniture, Woodie’s wanted to bring their whole range online. An appointment booking system was created to coincide with this so that customers could receive a consultation from one of Woodie’s highly experienced team members, guiding them through their fitted kitchen purchase.