Monsoon Consulting is one of Europe’s leading digital agencies, crafting industry leading e-Commerce and content solutions for large global companies. We have dedicated office locations based in Dublin, London, Lisbon and Kyiv.
We are dedicated to transforming digital commerce by creating people-centered solutions and helping companies innovate their internal processes and customer engagement. Design thinking, collaboration and agile methodologies are at the core of how we approach everything. We are a people-first company aspiring to make things better for our customers while building a great culture for our team.
We are recruiting an Infrastructure engineer to join our team as a contractor on part time, remote basis. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a team of exceptional strategic, creative and technical digital specialists.
This is a remote role.
- Handling the provisioning, configuration, and maintenance of our Linux server fleet.
- Maintaining secure environments while following and improving on a set of best practices in relation to infrastructure.
- Maintaining our monitoring systems and resolving issues raised on them.
- Testing and installing security patches on internal and client systems
- Maintaining our backup servers and performing periodic disaster-recovery tests.
- Maintaining accurate documentation of existing server, storage, networking, software, hardware, and virtual environments.
- Administering pfSense firewalls, IPSec VPN, and site-to-site tunnels.
- Maintaining and enhancing our CI-CD pipelines
- Collaborating with our developers to resolve pipeline issues and identifying opportunities for optimisation.
- Administering internal tools such as GitLab, Jira, Confluence
- Upholding data security standards and implementing best practices for safeguarding sensitive data
- Conducting regular security audits and assessments.
- Liaising with clients on matters related to server infrastructure
- Ordering hardware and software and administering our asset database.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Linux (preferably Enterprise experience with RHEL-based distros). 4 – 5 years experience in designing, building and managing Linux-based systems as a systems administrator
- Deep troubleshooting skills that involve analysis of logs, traffic trace, configuration data, automation tools to resolve issues until end-to-end systems are functioning.
- Experience with Magento/Adobe Commerce, Drupal, and/or WordPress is desirable.
- Docker and Kubernetes experience is desirable.
- Platform provisioning and update management using Terraform, Packer, and Ansible
- Configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet)
- Knowledge of Git, Varnish, Redis, Elasticsearch, Nginx, PHP-FPM, MySQL, RabbitMQ is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, DNS, SSH, SOAP/REST.
- Experience of supporting virtualised production environment (VMWare, vSphere).
- Proficiency in shell scripting.
- Must have a good command of written and verbal English and demonstrate an ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and improve technical skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player who can work in multinational, cross-functional teams
- Effective time management skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.