Topline, the largest DIY & Building Materials buying group in Ireland, with over 90 affiliated members who independently own and operate more than 160 stores nationwide chose Monsoon as their strategic partner to design, develop and run the new cutting edge B2B site.
The business was founded in 1975 by a group of hardware merchants struggling to compete with larger competitors. The business has since transformed the DIY & Building Materials landscape by allowing independent merchants to purchase products at the lowest possible prices. Topline’s unique business model and user requirements dictated a truly specialised and customisable solution to translate into the online world of B2B eCommerce.
We worked closely with Topline to create a modern, user-friendly eCommerce platform that could handle the volume of orders while providing the content and financial features that the users expect of them.
Built on an industry-leading eCommerce platform, Magento Commerce, the new Topline site incorporates detailed and complex integrations with the business’s ERP system (Intact) and further expands the online presence from the business’s legacy website(s) through a digital transformation programme.
Monsoon has created a number of highly specialised features over and above the available Magento suite functionality to allow all key stakeholders and users within Topline’s business to ensure maximum efficiency and performance improvement. These features include:
- A dedicated “ Content & Notifications” alert engine, which is tailored to Toplines’ unique business model and membership workflows.
- Industry-leading B2B “owners area” for self-service, B2B functionality
- Intelligent user workflow and permission-based user management.
- “Always on” service for Topline members, creating a new 24/7 facility for the members.
- Specially designated self-service area for senior management users using 2FA Two Factor Authentication
- Customised Monsoon Consulting dedicated hosting solution with high availability, security and GDPR compliance features